Acne is a common skin disorder involving the sebaceous glands of the face, back, and neck. At some point, just about everyone experiences acne and the resulting pimples, zits, blackheads, and cysts.
Sebaceous glands work to expel excess oil from the skin. Invariably, they are going to clog up from time to time and the resulting accumulation of oil which can cause acne, as well as other skin conditions. Acne vulgaris is the most commonly experienced condition and affects primarily adolescents.
Many factors lead to acne vulgaris and can include dietary unbalances, allergens, emotional stress, liver irregularities, genetics, excessively oily skin, certain medicines, and the body’s hormones.
Another contributing factor to acne is an overabundance of toxins and poisons in the body. The body uses the liver and kidneys to rid itself of these dangerous substances. If the body contains more impurities than those organs can effectively manage, the skin takes over by sweating out the substances.
All of these processes working at the same time upset the natural healing capacity of the body and create various skin conditions, causing pimples and zits to form. In response to this situation there are, fortunately, natural treatments available to you.
Natural Acne Treatment
There are many natural products available that will effectively treat acne. Listed below are several of the best and most well tolerated alternative natural treatment methods for eliminating the effects of acne.
Keep in mind, however, that some of these natural treatment methods may have to be repeated over the course of 2 to 4 weeks before any lasting results are noticed.
Best Natural Acne Treatments
- Pat white vinegar (distilled and diluted if necessary) on areas of the skin affected by acne. Allow it to stay on skin for up to 10 minutes, and then rinse gently with cool water.
- Use Echinacea daily to improve immunity.
- Ingest Oregon grape daily to protect against acne-creating bacteria.
- Put lemon juice where the face is affected by pimples, zits and other skin conditions. Leave the lemon juice of the face for 5-10 minutes, then you can rinse it off with cool water. Other citrus juices may be used and diluted if they cause stinging sensations. This solution will work as a natural exfoliate by rubbing off dead skin tissue.
- Use dandelion or red clover daily to clear the liver of toxins.
- Use Natures Sunshine’s Ayurvedic Skin Detox to remove toxins from the liver.
- Using Vitamin A supplements will help severe acne. Over-dosage of Vitamin A can be toxic, so call your doctor to determine dosage.
- Take Zinc supplements to foster tissue repair and stop the damage of your skin.
- Try Alternative Naturopathic remedies to dry acne and heal broken tissue.
- Be sure to eat a balanced diet and use citamin and mineral supplements to prevent nutritional deficiencies. Keeping your body healthy will encourage natural healing of your tissues.
- Water will flush out toxins and to keep the body hydrated.
Hopefully, you will find these natural treatments to be effective for you. However, individual results do vary with natural treatments. Please use the comment section below to share your experiences with these natural treatments or others you may use. What do you think is the best natural acne treatment?